Annual return filing with ACRA is the only official step to let ACRA know that the financial statements have been completed and AGM has been convened and all annual compliance formalities are complete. It is very critical to ensure that the annual return filed is correct in all aspects.
Major steps and checklist for filing annual return of Singapore Companies
- Ensure that the Financial Statements have been duly prepare in accordance with Singapore Financial Reporting Standards (SFRS). Click here to know more about contents of SFRS financial statements.
- Ensure that the Annual General Meeting has been duly held. You may click here to read my another blog post about steps in convening AGM.
- Verify the particulars of company officers (identification number and address specially) are correctly reflected in ACRA records
- Verify that the share capital details (issued and paid up) are correctly reflected in ACRA records
- Ensure that correct Financial year end date is reflected in annual return- specially if this is first annual return of the company or if the company has changed its financial year end during the year.
- If your company is insolvent or is not exempt from filing accounts, you will be prompted to submit your financial statements in XBRL. Please ensure that the data in XBRL file is correct.
- Please ensure that payment is duly completed at the end of filings. Filings for which payment is not completed will not be taken on record and will treated as non-filing.
Also please remember to save/print the review page of annual return as well as payment receipt for updating your secretarial files.
You may fill in the contact form below if you need any clarification or you wish to take up professional services for filing annual return of your Singapore Company.